This is the real deal! The only original Ferrari Factory 682/RN2 Team Transporter left in existence!
This one has all of the original Auto Construzione Ferrari Factory records, Scuderia Ferrari Factory Team and S.E.F.A.C Ferrari records from new. It has clear ownership also from new in 1959 through to Ferrari's disposal in 1970.
We also have the original continuous registration records until our purchase in 1998. It received a five year, near $300K restoration and was then sold to Pat Hart.
This is the only 682/RN2 owned by Ferrari so easy to spot by both the original registration number as well as configuration details during their ten years of ownership.
After 1965 exclusively used by the SEFAC Race Team to transport their, Client and Concessionaire Team cars to the major European GP, Sports Prototype, GT and Mountain Climbing championship races.
The 682 had a 10.7-liter engine and was capable of nearly 100kph / 60mph! They use a cab-forward design and are nimble enough to nearly turn a circle in their own length. It is kind of like driving an oversized Microbus.
Less than 1000kms since full restoration. Runs and operates as new with zero issues.
Original registration / ownership records are available for review.
Here is the history from new:
Chassis No. 682RN2 001461
Engine No. 203.0/3 024568
Registration MO 53210 (1959-1970)
Registered VE 209093 (1970)
Registered PD 467856 (1971-1994)
Engine FIAT 6-Cylinder 10.7-liter 175bhp Diesel
Gearbox FIAT 4-Speed + reverse & two speed rear axle
(Total of eight forward ratios and two rear raitios)
June 13th, 1959 FIAT 682/RN-2 with chassis No. 001461 completed and issued a certificate of origin (Certificato d’Origine.) Delivered to Carrozzeria Bartoletti for completion and conversion for vehicle transportation. The Scuderia Ferrari specified in their order that this transporter be fitted with both an internal workshop and sleeping accommodations for crew and drivers.
Sept. 22nd, 1959 Purchased new by “Auto Constuzione Ferrari” and assigned Modena, Italy plates “MO 53210.” Used by the Scuderia Ferrari to supplement their two older, slower and smaller 642/RN-2 vehicle and team transporters. Issued new Italian “Libretto” road-registration/log book, “volume n. 507 folglio n. 53210.”
Oct. 24th, 1960 Scuderia Ferrari (Auto Construzione Ferrari”) reorganized and incorperated as “SEFAC Ferrari.) Original registration and plate “MO 53210” retained by Ferrari. Road-registration/log book updated to recognize Ferrari ownership new name and recorded as such.
Jul. 26th, 1965 Vehicle reclassified on the road-registration/log book and now used by the SEFAC Ferrari exclusively for the transportation of the SEFAC Ferrari Team Vehicles and those of the authorized concessionaires when needed. (Original Modena Registration “MO 53210” remained in use.
March 21st, 1970 Deemed surplus to the needs of the SEFAC Ferrari Race Team. Registration cancelled and offered for public sale.
Dec. 1st, 1970 Purchased by Venice, Italy resident Giovanni Zanon for use in his “circus,” New Venice registration issued and vehicle assigned plates “VE 209093” (Recorded in the original road-registration/Log Book (Libretto) for chassis ?001461.
Aug. 9th, 1971 Registration “VE 209093” cancelled and new road-registration and plates “PD 467856” issued. (See period photo with new registration.) Road registration lapsed but not cancelled and vehicle stored near Busto Arsizio for the remainder of the 1970s through to 1994.
March 1990 Photographed and described in Auto d’Epoca Magazine. Original Italian road-registration/log book documents and continuous ownership documents from new confirm the vehicle’s original ownership and use by the Auto Construzione / Scuderia Ferrari and the SEFAC Ferrari from 1959 through to disposal in 1970.
Aug. 4th, 1994 Registration cancelled and vehicle offered for sale.
Spring 1995 Restoration begun at S.I.L.M.A Bus, Modena, Italy.
Mar. 25th 1998 Purchased by Symbolic Motor Car Company of La Jolla, California along with a 2nd FIAT 642 Ferrari Transporter. (both purchased while restorations were in progress.)
Feb. 2nd, 2000 Five-year restoration completed at a cost of more than $280,000.
July 21st, 2000 Sold by Symbolic to Pat Hart, Redmond, WA, USA.
August 2002 Invited and shown at Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
MAY 5 2010 offered by talacrest
site design: www.racecar.com